Dear students, due to Covid-19, I have had to take a variety of measures to keep both myself and you safe.
I’ve listed below what I will be doing but also please note that I need to you to read through and accept the measures that you too have to take.
Please email me with your acceptance (or not) of these procedures. Thanks very much.
You must not attend if you or anyone in your household, or anyone you have been in contact with has had (or you suspect has ) Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, and if you develop symptoms within at least 7 days of attending a course you must use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert me.
I require you follow the guidelines below on the day of the course
- Enter the Kennington Village Centre NOT by the main door but by the kitchen door which is accessible by a narrow path at the far side (Oxford side) of the Centre
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times
- Before the start of the course you will need to wipe down your sewing machine with disinfectant
- Adhere to social distancing of 2 metres wherever possible.
- If you need to borrow/use any of my equipment during the lesson that you will disinfect it after use.
Before (and after) each class, I will do the following
Only the disabled toilet will be available for use for the foreseeable future and the seat, handle, taps, washbasin and door handles will be disinfected. Also, the following will be disinfected; the stair hand rail, door handles and finger plates, tables, chairs, window sills and catches, irons, electricity sockets and cables, my sewing machines, light switches and radiators. Any other equipment which I provide or need to lend out, will be disinfected or not touched by me for a minimum of 48 hours or only using gloves.
Classroom layout and lesson procedures
Course/workshops sizes will now be reduced from 8 to 6 students. Each student will have their own table and placed as far apart as is feasible. The classroom with be well ventilated with windows (and probably doors) open. You may need to bring a warm jumper. I will be wearing a head covering throughout the day and will keep to social distancing guidelines wherever possible. When this is not possible, such as when demonstrating a technique on a sewing machine, I will use hand sanitiser and ask students to step back and of course I will be wearing a face covering at all times.
I require you to bring in the following with you to the class
- A bag - in order to take all rubbish or fabric scraps home
- Bring and wear a mask or visor/face covering during the lessons (asthmatics are apparently exempt)
- Your own bottle of hand sanitiser
- Drinks and snacks - as I am no longer going able to provide these I’m afraid.
- Spray disinfectant and cloth/or appropriate wipes in order to sanitise your sewing machine prior to use.
- A pair of disposable gloves
Please bring in your own lunch which you will eat at your own table. Please don’t use the kitchen or any of its equipment and you will need to take your rubbish (and fabric scraps home)