Dear students, due to Covid-19, I have had to take a variety of measures to keep both myself and you safe.
I’ve listed below what I will be doing but also please note that I need to you to read through and accept the measures that you too have to take.
Please email me with your acceptance (or not) of these procedures. Thanks very much.
You must not attend if you or anyone in your household, or anyone you have been in contact with has had (or you suspect has ) Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, and if you develop symptoms within at least 7 days of attending a course you must use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert me.
I require you follow the guidelines below on the day of the course
- Enter the Kennington Village Centre NOT by the main door but by the kitchen door which is accessible by a narrow path at the far side (Oxford side) of the Centre
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Adhere to social distancing of 2 metres wherever possible.
Before (and after) each class, I will do the following
I will disinfect door handles and finger plates, tables & light switches.
Classroom layout and lesson procedures
Each student will have their own table which will mean that once seated all students will be at least 2metres apart from each other. The classroom with be well ventilated with windows (and probably doors) open. You may need to bring a warm jumper. I will be wearing a head covering throughout the day and will keep to social distancing guidelines wherever possible. When this is not possible, such as when demonstrating a technique on a sewing machine, I will ask students to step back.
I require you to bring in the following with you to the class
- Bring a mask or visor/face (unless you are exempt). If EVERYONE in the class is happy with not to wear a mask once they are seated then that is fine with me as I will still be wearing a face covering.
- Drinks and snacks - as I am no longer going able to provide these I’m afraid.
Please bring in your own lunch which you will eat at your own table. Please don’t use the kitchen or any of its equipment.(to be updated)