Beginners Dressmaking - 'Sew a skirt'
We will cover the following:
* Understanding a commercial paper pattern
* Learning various sewing terms and techniques
* Altering a pattern for a personal fit
* Cutting out fabric
* Learning to sew accurate seams
* Tips for achieving a neat finish
* Sewing a hem
* Depending on the skirt style chosen - Making a buttonhole, elastic casing or learning how to sew in a zip (where appropriate)
* Sufficient information to complete your garment at home afterwards if you don’t manage to finish within the time.
Maximum 6 students
Date: Weekend May 12th & 13th
See Calendar for next course dates